Thursday, July 22, 2010

Komodo vs. Cobra (2005)



Director: Jim Wynorski (credited as Jay Andrews)
Starring: Michael Pare, Michelle Borth, Ryan McTavish, Renee Talbert, Jerri Manthey

SYNOPSIS

A group of environmentalists sneak onto an island being used for military experiments. They are faced with some of the gigantic creatures that have been created there – including a komodo lizard and a king cobra. Their only chance of survival is to get the two creatures to fight each other.

REVIEW

I'll be honest, I had zero expectations of this made-for-TV movie. I just needed something to pop in on the background while I did a few other things. Given that, it did the job and met my expectations...

Apparently a kind of pseudo-sequel of Curse Of The Komodo, this has everything you can expect from the kind of movie it is... not much in the way of gore or sex (in fact, the version I watched just cut away during the death scenes) but plenty of talking. It's not earth-shattering but it's competent and managed to keep some interest from me for most of its running time, although I suspect that I'd have been bored had my attention been focussed on it 100%.

So... meh. Maybe it's not fair to judge a movie when I wasn't paying full attention, but lets face it this isn't high art and I doubt Wynorski himself pays much attention to the things he's churning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment